We’ve long known that mobile is becoming more prevalent and thus more important to businesses.
Below is an infographic from KISSmetrics showing recent stats that demonstrate just how far mobile has come in terms of usage for everything from website traffic to mobile e-commerce.
Based on these recent stats, how much does your business need to change to keep up?
- In 2013, mobile phones will overtake desktops as the most commonly used device to access the web.
- The % of purchases made from mobile devices on Black Friday 2012 increased 40% compared to 2011.
- PayPal reported that Black Friday 2012 mobile payment volume increased 190% compared to 2011.
- 166% more people shopped via mobile devices on Black Friday 2012 compared to 2011. »tweet«
Most consumers wait about 5 seconds for a website to load on their mobile device compared to 3 seconds for most desktop consumers.
- One study found that the mention of a location or city name in a mobile ad can improve click-through rates by 200%.