Blogs are no different to social networks and emails. So if you’ve been following along with this series you know that timing is everything.
As Dan Zarrella demonstrates in this final infographic in this series, learning when your audience is tuning in, and therefore when to post, is mandatory for any successful blogger.
Depending on your audience, you may want to try mixing up your scheduling to see how timing your posts can affect your blog readership.
- The highest percentage of users read blogs in the morning.
- A higher percentage of men read blogs in the evening and at night.
- The average blog gets the most traffic on Monday.
- The average blog gets the most traffic around 11am Eastern Time.
- The average blog gets the most comments on Saturday.
- The average blog gets the most inbound links on Monday and Thursday.
- The average blog gets the most inbound links at 7am Eastern Time.
Note: Dan Zarrella, HubSpot’s Social Media Scientist, has been conducting research for over 2 years on the best days and times to Tweet, blog, email, update Facebook and more. This content was delivered in 2011 but I believe it is still relevant and a good starting point for businesses who do not have their own data.