Are certain times better than others for sending your email campaigns? The short answer is yes.
In part two of this series, Dan Zarrella investigates how sending emails on different days and at different times can impact the success of your email marketing. According to the data, there are distinct windows in which to send emails if you want to achieve the highest open rate and maximize your readership.
Although it is important to only use this infographic as a guide as your own email timing data is always going to be the best data for your audience!
- Consumer promotion emails are best sent between 7pm and 10pm.
- Holiday promotion emails are best sent between 5pm and 7pm.
- Emails related to property and financial services are generally opened between 3pm and 5pm.
- Email abuse reports are reported highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- Email bounce rates occur highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- Email open rates and click rates are highest in the early morning during all days of the week, with the weekend being the highest.
- The optimal email sending frequency is generally 1 to 4 emails a month.
Note: Dan Zarrella, HubSpot’s Social Media Scientist, has been conducting research for over 2 years on the best days and times to Tweet, blog, email, update Facebook and more. This content was delivered here in 2011 but I believe it is still relevant and a good starting point for businesses who do not have their own data.